The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Something to think over

Taking a look at the OTD section featuring pictures of all the chronographs it struck me as odd that from the cal.11 &12 model range only 3 models (Calculator, Montreal & Silverstone) have there names printed below the Heuer badge on the dial. All other models (not including Chronomatics) have their name printed above the Heuer badge (Autavia, Carrera, Cortina, Daytona, Jarma, Modena, Monaco, Monza & Verona). Further to this there is a longer history of Heuer placing manual wind model names above the badge - Autavia, Camaro, Carrera, Mareographe & Monaco.
The only reason i can see that Heuer may have used to place the model names below the Heuer badge is that their names are longer. If you look carefully at each of the 3 "under" labelled models there is space to place the model name above, even the Calculator which i would argue is the most pushed for space on its dial.
Anyone out there with any facts or theories?

Are there any photoshop champions out there that are keen to take on the challange and show us how any or all of these 3 dials would have looked with the names placed above the Heuer badge !

Good luck - Darren Cal.11/12

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE