The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Such a rubber ball is very handy...

...but in most of the cases not effective enough to open a firmly closed case...

I use this kind of rubber ball to place the casebcak into the right position and to screw the caseback so that it's closed enough to place the watch on winding machine and check accuracy for some days...

Before it goes on the wrist, or WP-test...I close it like it should be closed.

Mark also touches a very important topic here...the dust problem...obviously dust can be a watch worst nightmare...

Cheers,
Abel.

: I say "Please open this Mr Watchmaker" :)

: I could get one of those rubber balls, I suppose, I do quite like
: to see the movements but then I also don't want to get dust in
: there either.

: I saw one watch on eBay recently where the caseback appeared to
: have been opened with a bottle top, there were deep
: "toothmarks" gouged into it. I'm with you, I don't
: like it when a caseback (or worse, the case itself) has been
: marked by clumsy opening.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE