The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
No, but a 2456 is one of them!

I read the title and thought "Why would Arno pick a gold-plated watch as the perfect dress watch when he has the solid gold version?". My question was answered when I opened the post and saw that it was indeed your 2456 you meant - 2448 is the gold-plated Carrera 12, 2456 is the reference for the solid gold one.

It's a bit of an odd reference because it continues from a pre-Carrera:

over into the Carrera line itself. Unfortunately, it's only ever a footnote in the brochures (i.e. oh yes, this is also available in 18K):

That one nicely shows the price relative to a 2447 too. They do seem to be quite rare, I have only seen a handful in years of collecting, whereas the 2448 does seem to be relatively common.

As to ultimate Heuer dress watch, well it's up there, but there are some others for consideration: 1158 (of course!), any triple calendar and the white Cortina deserve mentions too. Panda and inverse panda first generation Carreras too.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE