The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
moderin(ish) equivalent for valjoux 230? *PIC*

i love my heuer bund chrono, but there are some features i'd like it to have for convenience sake. specifically, a date-window and and autowinding rotor. i also love the watch for what it is and would never consider changing anythign about it.

i dont think T-H is ever going to come out w/ a repro-bund-issue-chrono (but how cool would that be?!), so i'm musing on creating a one-off. i know, the simplest thing is to get a sinn 156 and call it a day. i had one, but it just wasnt the same. wrong hands and subdial layout. so back to my one-off. things i'd need include:

• a donor heuer bund case/bezel/crystal (probably a basket-case could be found w/ enough looking)
  • find a compatible movement/dial that also happens to have a date-display and is an automatic

the latter one is probably the most problematic. did valjoux ever create an automatic chrono movement w/ the same movt diameter and subdial pinions in the same locations as the valjoux 230 that also happens to have a date complication?

that's a tall order! i bet if it did exist it wouldnt fit into the case, as it would be too thick.

so another option would be to get a sinn 156 case/crystal/bezel and then also get the 2894 movment and module used in the heuer autavia reissue (it has all the right features), then have a watchmaker create the appropriate movement ring for the 156 case. i'd also need to get the dial finished to look like a bund-issue.

sounds like a fun concept, but brutal in execution! i'll stick w/ my vintage bund chrono...

walter

ps. as an afterthought, i could just buy the new bell & ross chrono that looks just like the bund, but i cant recall if it had the date complication.

walter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE