The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree with you I do not.

Richard,

those Monacos are really superb. Amazing trio, every one of them a classic.
The only thing I disagree with is your preference for the painted subdial 1133G.

I think the early recessed subdial 1133G is my favourite Monaco. I know it is heresy to choose it as the favourite monaco, but it is just the most beautiful and subtle dial Heuer (or let's say singer?) made. My ultimate* grail is the 1133G with blue lume rectangular hands shown on the cover of the 1970 catalog - has anyone seen one of these in the metal?

Here is a poor photo of my one. The photo does not capture the elegance and subtlety of the dial - you should search on the forum for some photos posted by Mr Devos (I think, maybe also Abel) that cpatue better this amazing dial.

* OK the true ultimate grail watch is armstrong's speedie.., this is a (slightly) more realistic grail

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE