The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New Arrival: Silverstone 150th Anniversary Limited Editi

Hey Jeff,

Great watch!

However I'm not such a big Silverstone fan...it looks very cool with great respect to originality!

The increased number of a TAG Heuer limited edition is quite normal I think, or at least not the first time they do this kind of thing...as memory serves me correct the Rose Gold Grand Carrera was intended to produce 500 pieces of each, so 500 with Silver/cream coloured dial and another 500 with brown dial...1000 pieces in total worldwide.

It was presented at Baselworld 2008 and it became available at December 2008 here in Belgium. The final number of limited editions of this watch was set at 650 each...I really don't know why they actually did this?

Anyway, congratulations with your Silverstone Jeff and wear it in good health!! I'm sure we'll be seeing it around here some more ;-)

Here's are my three TAG Heuer Limited Eds.

I'm not going to buy the re-ed. Silverstone altough I think they really did a good job with it...I'm eagerly waiting for the new TH movement that Baselworld will bring us ;-)

Take care,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE