The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection

Hi all

I've owned my TAG/Heuer 500.510/12 for a while now but only recently got around to removing the case-back to have a look. I was expecting to find a Lemania 5100 inside, but found the movement is actually a Lemania 5012. I'd never heard of/seen a 3-register 5012 before so I'm intrigued - why this movement in this watch? At the time my TAG/Heuer was made (c1986 I believe) the 5100 was well established and readily available. Why would TAG/Heuer go to the trouble of having a 3-register 5012 made for this watch (and there weren't that many made AFAIK) when the afore-mentioned 5100 was readily available "off-the-shelf"?
I'm also wondering if the Lemania 5012 is unique to the TAG 500.510/12 version of the original Heuer 500.510, or is the movement common to all the 500.510 series?

Checking around the various sections of "On The Dash" hasn't revealed any info regarding movements in this series of Heuer/TAG-Heuer watches so wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on the subject.

Cheers

Dave

Messages In This Thread

Re: 5012
Re: 5012
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE