The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I've looked into this, in the past few months...

...and there seems to be no consistency with regards to serials and dial colour on 1133B, or that i have found so far, but then of course many Monacos have had cases swapped over time etc...

There is a darker dial, which i prefer, stamped Singer and the lighter shade of blue is i presume Singer too but i don't have a spare dial to check that at present. Howver after chatting to Nic about this and between us i guess we have had 30 1133B's in the past 12 months come through our hands (at least) we agree there is definately 2 blue colourations. They are not varying shades but rather 2 distinct colours. If i was to weight it i'd say 70% are the lighter variation and 30% darker...

Remeber on the grey guys, there are painted and recessed subs for each 1133G grey/grey and grey/black derivative, so 4 dials in circulation, although the painted subs seem tobe a whole lot rarer...

Perhaps these 1133Bs did start out as different batches but seem to have got mixed up over the years. Both are genuine for sure, identical iin every way accept colour.

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

: Shaun:

: fantastic research; fantastic photograph . . . oh yes, and a
: fantastic collection!!

: I will need to do more research and studying, relating to the
: different executions of the "standard" McQueen Monaco
: . . . perhaps others will be able to do some ultra-macro photos
: to demonstrate the differences.

: The usual request, from me: Can you please either post or send the
: serial numbers? It will be fascinating to see how the serial
: numbers might help us place the 1133B Monacos into distinct
: "executions".

: Thanks again and congratulations on the collection!!

: Jeff

: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE