The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Leonidas info pls

Hi all, wonder if I could pick your brains for a sec?

I've got this old stopwatch I'd like to learn more about, I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing, so any info would be much appreciated.

It's silver (stainless steel probably), and labelled "Leonidas 7 jewels" on the face. It measures in 1/100th minutes rather than seconds, and has a smaller minutes dial (upto 30mins). It has the start/stop button at 12 o'clock, and the reset at 10 o'clock. The face is white with black text&hands.

I still have the(or a) box for it, and it has the numbers "446004.4 8/10/-" written on it (plus possibly some other text that's faded). It still works & is in mint condition.

I'm interested in it's age, possible value (tho I'll be keeping hold of it), and some history. In particular, why does it measure in 1/100ths of a minute rather than seconds?

I cant provide a picture at the mo, but perhaps I'll be able to add one later.

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

George F.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE