The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: West McLaren Mercedes 98
In Response To: West McLaren Mercedes 98 *PIC* ()

Hi Mika.
Too bad your last name was not Hakkenen cause then it would be worth a LOT more.LOL Although your watch has a special logo on the dial, my opinion is that I would not collect it. IMVHO, the new Tag design is not really very attractive and that long term, they will never be as collectable as pre TAG watchs.

My suggestion is to sell it as quickly as possible before this F1 season unfolds as the West McLaren team is not going to do well at all and thus the intrinsic value of your watch is going to be diminished.

I would recommemd collecting the much more desirable Omega brand Schumacher commemorative watches if you want a watch with racing history.

You can try selling it on www.timezone.com, www.watchnet.com or ebay.

Messages In This Thread

West McLaren Mercedes 98 *PIC*
Re: West McLaren Mercedes 98
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE