The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Serials on these guys should be 157xxx - Really??

I'm not so sure Rich.
Is the short time between 157* and 158* realistic for case swaps @ service time?
I would've expected the cases to far outlast the dials - some of which as we know (speaking from personal experience here:-)) have suffered from deteriorating paint and are well on their way to becoming 'paintless wonders'.
Also from your excellent register there appear to be 4 158* recorded.
That's a significant proportion - all low 158* by the way.
And, no 159* at all(?)
Maybe I'm being picky but to write theses post 157* trannies off as 'put-togethers' seems wrong to me and without enough foundation.
Anyway, lets appreciate them for what they are whatever the number, I love these trannies and as Peter says, it's a blue watch and a black watch all in one :-)
Keep up the good work with the website its looking great.
Cheers,
AndyO...

: Nice post Jeff, i'd like to add that serials for these Trans models
: (if untouched by service depts etc) SHOULD be in the 157xxx
: range. I guess its possible a 158xxx may have slipped out but
: i'd wager 158xxx variants are more likely to have been "put
: together" or had cases swapped at service perhaps.

: ITs great to see so many pics, they are such a great Monaco variant
: and as we are finding out (only 9 out in the open to date) such
: a rare beast!

: Cheers Rich
: www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE