The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Golden hours for me today...

...as posted earlier on this forum I had the chance to buy this rare 1158S Carrera on a Dutch watchfair at beginning of this month. Initially I was searching for an Autavia or maybe a manual wind Monaco. I was very pleased and surprised when I saw this unlucky 1158S staring at me...like it was screaming at me for some love and care (read movement service, case refinishing and wrist-time). I doubted some minutes and discussed about the price with the seller, asked about origin, the normal stuff. I decided to take the risk and not to buy it immediately but proceed my tour very relaxing. I said to seller I'd come back just before I would leave the fair...his and my last chance.

So, after two or three hours, I went back to that stand and the seller was smiling...the 1158S was still there. He was selling the watch on behalf of a friend of him and needed to contact him for his lowest price...my best offer. At the end we agreed and I walked home with a nice buy considering it came with original box and with a dial and hands in a very nice and pristine condition. The case was still good enough to refinish with high standards and respect to originality ofcourse.

Modelreference 1158S - Serialnumber 240975

Here are some pics of the watch in the condition like I bought it - with polished case;

Some pics of the inside;

And finaly;

Best regards from Belgium,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE