The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It's very nice but not a grail IMHO

Hello Jeff, I agree this is a major breakthrough and does achieve a nice and delicate balance between nods to the vintage community, heritage and modern technology and trends.
It has a very clean design and the dial is impressive.
Still to go from here to the 'grail' status can be a very long and winding road, and often quite painful as well.
I think this 'grailness' (as it were) can only be achieved in retrospective, and we think about it all of them from the Autavia to the Speedy 376.0822 (i.e. Chuck's grail) were quite disappointingly commercial failures at their times.
Let's hope this is not going to be the case for the new Carrera!
Cheers,
Fabrizio
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE