The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Poor man's Heuer
In Response To: Poor man's Heuer ()

Hi, I do not know about the replacement of parts. But as a word of caution if you purchased this watch through ebay and paypal. Make sure you open a dispute and escalate it to a claim otherwise, you could return the watch and paypal will not cover you if you have not opened up a claim. The seller would then have your watch and your money. Also get online tracking with signature confirmation so you can view the signature online and fully insure the watch back to the seller. I would also let the seller know it is no hard feelings that you need to protect your self. To be sure you are returning it back in the correct manner so you are protected with paypal I would speak with a paypal representative on the phone to find the proper way of returning the watch if you decide to do so and explain the whole situation to them.

Jon

: Before posting on the 'for sale/wanted' section of the forum, I
: would appreciate a bit of advice, please.

: I have a Camaro 73343 which I really like, and use daily - but now
: need to have the crown replaced, the movement serviced (and
: possibly have the hands/markers re-lumed)

: To give me a replacement 'daily wearer' while the Camaro is away, I
: have bought a Clebar 'Carrera' on ebay as it looked in good
: condition and was reasonable money.

: It arrived today, but on opening the package I found the crystal
: smashed and the red 'sweep' central second hand broken.

: The seller has been very good, and has offered to refund if I send
: the watch back (he is in California, I am in the UK), but as the
: watch was sent uninsured he will have to bear the loss.

: My question to the forum is: Do you think I will be able to source
: a replacement crystal and hand easily, and what would be the
: order of cost for having them replaced? If this is reasonable, I
: may go ahead with the repair as the the watch condition is very
: good and I would be happy to keep it if at all possible.

: Thanks for any input offered.

: Michael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE