The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Market was Flooded with These A Few Years Ago
In Response To: Montreal dial? ()

The vintage Heuer world was just about flooded in these dials just a few years ago . . . maybe five years ago, or so. Telltale of something wrong was the missing metal frame around the date and look of the script. Unclear with this was large batch of service dials that was produced for Heuer and rejected, or produced by someone not authorized to do so, or used by Heuer as service dials (doubtful).

Whatever their history, the Montreals with these dials have always seemed to sell at a considerable discount to the no-questions-asked, original dials.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hello all you experts out there!

: I have this Montreal dial that i think looks a bit odd...no
: steelframe on datewindow and
: the blue colour looks slightly different i think...i have seen a
: few out there before.
: Mine is NOS ..still in a little ¨dialcase¨
: Does anyone have a theory...is it an replacementdial or what!

:
:

Messages In This Thread

Montreal dial?
Re: Montreal dial?
Market was Flooded with These A Few Years Ago
Re: Montreal dial?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE