The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is this watch correct? Schmitz on a 1163T cal11

I've opened a discussion on VETROPLASTICA

http://www.vetroplastica.it/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8638

there are 4 different watches early 1163 with a Schmitz case, step caseback and serials 140xxx.

I can't belive that 4 watches got the same configuration and serials are fakes or put together!

From 140xxx to 204xxx (first MH with a full Schmitz case)there are not more than 6 month: it's possible, imho, that Schmitz produced some "test case" for Heuer and they use them on some watches.

Before we see 204xxx schmitz Alberto Museum's case (a beautifull 1163MH cal 11, with reference on the caseback...), we belive that the Schmitz was all with V sign near 1163 and over 240xxx.
When I start to collect Heuers, a lot of years ago, a Siffert cal 12 in a 1163V Schmitz case was considered a put together.
Today is considered a nice watch.

Now we have some watches like prove that Heuer used also this case for early 1163 MH e 1163T.

I'd like to realize a comparison between "step" caseback of a piqueret and a ipotetic 1st series Schmitz case.

: That's a good question.
: I brought it up here also during another thread -
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=35050

: I have an early dial Siff cal11 in the same case and know of at
: least one other.
: I suspect 1 of 3 options for mine -
: Maybe a)it was changed at service, b)left the factory later on with
: the early dial in a Schmitz case, or more controversially,
: c)maybe they trialled/used this style case earlier on.
: AndyO...

Messages In This Thread

Is this watch correct? Schmitz on a 1163T cal11
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE