The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
There or thereabouts...

Jeff

In the right range i believe for a PVD in average condition, also a slight gamble for we don't know how the movement condition is. The case is worn, but clearly original and promotes use as a wearer, the dial whilst it looks dirty and the lume has degraded, it has done so in a nice manner, consistent across all lume plots and does not suffer the chips and missing parts that many dials in better condition have suffered.

I had several mails from people about this one and we seemed to agree the range was approx $6-7.5k...

This fell just behind my price guide for private sale, a mint one would yes for sure be over $10k, and a nos one $15k, having mentioned when i updated my last guide that several sold over these levels, nothing has changed. In fact the rare variants are continuing to increase their premiums over the standard Monacos (not that any Monaco is ever standard of course!)

I suspect we may hear more about this particular PVD in the future, something tells me an OTDer purchased it...

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

http://www.heuermonaco.co.uk/#/focus-74033n-pvd/4537123058

: so is this price high, low, or just about right for this sample?
: what does this tell us about the price for samples, known to be
: genuine, in better condition? is a near mint sample worth more
: or less than $10,000?

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190408173260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

: thoughts? comments?

: Jeff

:
:

:
:

Messages In This Thread

Black PVD Monaco . . . Sold on eBay at $7,480
There or thereabouts...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE