The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Carrera Chrono 1969 real or fake? Help w/anniv. present!

Gianni gave quite a good price range in his post - mine was towards the bottom end of that range but then I thought I'd bought quite well.

These manual second generation Carreras are still a reasonable buy in the world of vintage watches, they still quite often go for sub-€1000 (about ~$1250). That would be for one in at least good condition, you might pay more for one in very good and of course more again for a mint one. They are pretty robust and resilient watches too, but bear in mind as with pretty much anything getting on forty years old, they appreciate a bit of care and attention now and again.

A good choice in terms of size too - we've become accustomed to modern watches getting larger and larger and some vintage watches can seem small to modern sensibilities (though I'm fine with a first generation Carrera on my just above-average wrist, some people aren't), but these are a good familiar size.

Feel free to post any other watches you're considering up, someone here will be able to comment on them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE