The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
As you said, extreme slowness (especially on the other end)

Hi Walter, I have once had one item shipped from the US to Italy via USPS registered parcel and it was really slow.
There are two major drawbacks, which of course heavily depend on where you've got to send:

- First, they rely on the counterparts (i.e. the public mail system) in the receiving end's country - whose efficiency may vary a lot
- Second, they seem to receive a subprime treatment in the receiving customs, unlike FedEx and UPS and the like.

So this shipment took about 15 working days (i.e. about 100% more than with a private courier) and it cost only 25-30% less. I've heard of similar complaints from other people.
Of course things may go very better if you have to ship to other European countries such as Germany.

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE