The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bracelet for early Autavias

Dear all, as a late comer to Autavias I have yet a lot of things to learn...still one of the few ones where I felt pretty sure was the metal bracelet type that suit to each generation (not talking of the hyper-specific cases like the latest 11630 GMT, the 'Montreal' type etc. as pointed out by the excellent piece on the topic by Alex).
For me the story was quite simple:

1- Early ones (Sifferts, Viceroys, Derek Bells etc.) -> Gay Fréres beads of rice
2- Intermediates (mid to late Seventies) -> Flat-band ones, with 'coffin' pieces as someone rightly said on a similar L5100 Carrera
3- Latest ones (early to mid Eighties) -> Jubilee type

with most probably some overlapping between 2 and 3. What I thought sacrosanct was the pair "early one - Gay Fréres".
So when a newly converted friend of mine asked me if I could spot a bracelet for his Viceroy, I advised him not to try, given the very high amount drawn by the GF's lately. Then I recalled that on Arno's book we have an IDF-assigned Viceroy (with all-white hands) that sports a different, flat-band type one - so there comes my question, to Arno and all of our heavyweights:

- Is this type 'legit' for the model? I assume it's original, but then even white hands are still not 'legit' for this model...
- Is any other type legit for older automatic Autavias?

Any inputs welcome.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE