The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Is this Heuer Cassette genuine? I have a similar box.

Hi Eyal,
My Autavia 2446C GMT came with a nearly identical box (the external Heuer logo on mine uses thinner script plus there are gold "stripes" that run the horizontal perimeter along the sides and front of each clamshell half of the case). My box also has the embossed/imprinted "BOX MADE IN THAILAND" on the bottom of this clamshell type box. I bought my Autavia from the estate of its original owner and I was told that this was its original box. Therefore, it would appear the e-bay box is authentic although the much thicker "Heuer" script on its external top differs from mine.
Steve

: Hi All,

: Saw this on eBay (sorry for those who wanted to keep this under the
: radar), however is this box genuine (box made in Thailand???)
: Seller also has a very nice NOS Autavia box for auction as
: well...

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/HEUER-VINTAGE-RED-BOX-FITS-MANY-MODELS-PERIOD-CORRECT-/120593643397?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c13f0f785

: Regards

: Eyal

Messages In This Thread

Is this Heuer Cassette genuine?
Re: Is this Heuer Cassette genuine? I have a similar box.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE