The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
As Is Becoming Customary, Auction Ended Early
In Response To: GMT Alert *LINK* ()

Now that auction is ended (early), I will share a couple of observations:

• case was way over-polished, looked almost mirror-like (deduct a few hundred $$$$, unless you have a spare case laying around)
  • case was marked 1163, but hands are from 11630 and the movement is Cal 14?
  • hands looked brand new . . . newer than the bezel, for instance.
Here is my favorite portion of the Babelfish translation:

The indices are likewise occupied and touched down with shining mass. The dial works nearly already playful, simply ingeniously and very remarkably. In the this year chronographen works the well-known and reliable micro AUTOMATIC Caliber 14, which partial is gilded. The clock was examined naturally by our uhrmacher for heart and kidneys and to the sales freigegebgen again.

I wonder what it actually sold for? For me, it would have been a parts-watch / donor.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

GMT Alert *LINK*
As Is Becoming Customary, Auction Ended Early
Re: As Is Becoming Customary, Auction Ended Early
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE