The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Monaco...

I'm new to the Heuer world...I have admired the Monaco design for a few years now but have mostly been collecting vintage Rolex up until now so I never managed to buy one until just recently.

I have found great information here and at the excellent heuermonaco.co.uk...I was very surprised at the small number of Monaco's that were actually produced during the original production run...I didn't realise that they were such are rare watch...with some of the early models where the talk is of a only a handful of watches being known, this surely makes the Monaco one of the rarest & collectable watches around.

Probably due to this, I have had trouble finding a good honest vintage watch in my price range so for now I have a 2nd series re-issue on the way, well hey...at least it says 'Heuer' on the dial :)

Funny how in the late 90's 5000 watches was considered a 'limited edition', and yet this is more than the total production of original Monaco's!

I'm looking at getting a more vintage style strap for it at the moment as the oem one is a bit bland...any suggestions...I quite like the look of the ATG racing straps but I'm not sure about the thickness at 4.5mm...the original Monaco strap's all seem to be flat...maybe a NOS one from 'squinky' is better?

I look forward to reading and learning much more here in the future...I will post some pictures of my new arrival when it's here next week...

John

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE