The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Mistake -- Yours is Rarer / Later Model
In Response To: Re: Yes and Yes ()

My mistake -- how careless of me!!

The 11063V is different from the 1163 and the 11630. The 11063V has unidirectional bezel and is 21mm between the lugs. The profile of the bezel is also different, as shown on this 11063 GMT - - -

You see that there is a horizontal surface (top of the bezel), a vertical surface (side of the bezel) and a surface that runs at 45 degrees, between these two surfaces. This explains why the bezel insert, itself, looks thin.

This is a late model (starting around 1984) and they seem rarer than the earlier ones.

Can you please confirm these characteristics, and then possibly supply some photos to add to OnTheDash?? We don't show this model, and it would be a good addition.

Congratulations -- you have a rare Autavia!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff
: Thank you so much for your answer. Last thing
: that tickle me is still about the number
: 11630 and 11063V - zero is not at the same
: place
: (?)
: After that I will stop to bother you
: Thanks again

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE