The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: TNX marc, only 150 pieces in 10 years?? good to know...

Yes, as far as I can tell during the early part of production these were made in small batches but the later watches seem to have been made to special order. There is some clumping of serial numbers, but they're not as contiguous as, say, the PVD Monacos.

This CHN configuration with white date on black seems to have been the configuration delivered to most of the Ferrari drivers too - that practice started in 1971 so all the earlier ones were the same watch as the one in row E10 of the Carrera table.

Watches went to the following Ferrari drivers:

- Carlos Reutemann
- Clay Regazzoni
- Jacky Ickx
- Niki Lauda
- Mario Andretti
- Gilles Villeneuve
- Jody Scheckter

and also to other F1 drivers acting as brand ambassadors:

- Jo Siffert
- Ronnie Peterson
- Emerson Fittipaldi
- Denny Hulme
- John Surtees

I'll try and see if I can find out the configuration of the watches that went to Gilles and Jody as these would have been much later; Gilles is my favourite F1 driver and Jody's farm isn't all that far up the road. I'll have to see if I can bump into him and ask about his watch!

Reminder to the members of the 1158 club too, would be good to see how many of them we can get along to Arno's auction, a nice gathering of gold Carreras.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE