The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are two pics of my 11630
In Response To: Here are two pics of my 11630 ()

Hi Steve,
Daft question.. but are you certain it's silver around the edge, I've had a good look at mine & it's black, but it does have a reflective quality that makes it look deceptively like silver in certain light. I have exactly the same watch as you, so I would really appreciate it if you could have a good look under a loupe in different light conditions. It looks black to me with a sheen, just like mine, and like all the other photos I've seen.

Basically I'm going to do a minor restoration job on mine, it looks like someone in the past (a long time ago judging by the grime on it) replaced the glass with an incorrect acrylic and added a silver 'chaper ring' to raise the height of the acrylic to look like an older Autavia model. I don't have my proper camera equipment with me, so I used a loupe held in front of my terrible camera phone...

My silver 11630, with incorrect glass & added beveled silver ring...

: Hi Stewart,
: My 11630 MH has a metallic (silver?) ring although it looks black
: in these pics. Bezel clicks in both directions. Chrono pushers
: are fluted. When winding I feel a smooth but slight resistance
: but wouldn't actually call it "clicks" or
: "clicking". Enjoy yours!
: Steve

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE