The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Gone In A Flash - I bought it!
In Response To: Re: Gone In A Flash ()

Hey guys,
I'm the happy buyer.
That was the 3rd time it was listed. The first time I made a few offers, but didn't agree on a price, then the auction ended without a sale. Then it was listed a second time $100 cheaper, again I made another unsuccessful offer, then the next time I looked it was sold.

I spotted it again yesterday. The seller also had it up on a watch forum, so I emailed him direct to ask what the story was. He did have a buyer, who pulled out. The explanation was that this was the buyers first Heuer and got cold feet after learning that the crystal is slightly higher than the bezel. It may have an incorrect crystal, that's why a NOS one is included in the sale.

Anyway, we agreed a price outside of ebay.

I look forward to it, looks a beauty. I'm new to Autavias, well sort of new, I bought a silver dialed one a month ago. They really are stunning timepieces. I'm very happy even if my bank balance isn't!!!

All the best
Stewart

: No,

: I thought I had put it on my watch list. But It's gone now.
: :>(((

: Rick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE