The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New arrival, just unpacked

Some quick dirty pix of a new arrival, just unpacked

my absolute favorite among all the Heuer GMTs because it's so colorful (well, a first 1163 execution would be a nice addition too ;-)

I have to say I took great risks for this one.
The seller was German, he was not speaking English nor French and I could not say how my German is bad.
He sent me some really poor pictures which didn't allow me to clearly evaluate dial/hands conditions.
When I asked for real high res pictures, he simply kicked me out stating the provided photos were good enough.
Considering this particular model is not very often seen on the market, my great attraction, several months of intensive hunting,
I tried harder based on provided photos and finally "guessed" this one deserved to be dared.

I could not say how much I'm happy to have found such a nice original one with an almost immaculate bezel, original dial, hands and slightly patinaed lume all in good to very good condition.

This one will go next week to a sweet treatment and full service,
I'll share the results with you when it'll be back.

I strongly thank the Google Online Translation Service for its great support.

cheers,

Laurent

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE