The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
10/10/10 Top 10s!

Well, as some of Jeff's suggestions for our 10/10/10 posts co-opt the themes in my earlier "What got you started?" post, I'll take my 10/10/10 post in a slightly different direction and indulge in that other classically male pastime...

Making top 10 lists of things!

I like making lists of things and I like ranking those lists even more :) Although I reserve the right to change my mind, and hence the order, days or even hours later. And I'd wager at least a few of you like top 10 lists too.

So here's the deal. Come up with your top 10 Heuer series (if this goes down well, might go for models later on but for now I'm sticking to series (e.g. Monaco as opposed to 1133 B)) and if we get enough, I'll tally all the scores up at the end and we can see which is the forum's post popular watch! If you're struggling with a 10, just go for 5 and I'll double the points - it is important to try and rank them though, or this won't work so well.

Last time I listed out the series, I missed a couple out, hopefully this time the list will be more comprehensive. If I have omitted it, then feel free to vote for it anyway (so long as it really is identifiable as a series).

Here's what I can think of:

30s-40s chronographs
50s automatics
50s-60s triple calendars
Autavia
Calculator
Camaro
Carrera
Chronosplit
Dash-mounted
Daytona
Easy Rider
Electronic stopwatches
Jarama
Kentucky
Manhattan
Mechanical stopwatches
Memphis
Monaco
Montreal
Monza/Modena
Pasadena
Pilot
Regatta
Senator
Silverstone
Skipper
Solunar/Solunagraph
Temporada
Verona

Messages In This Thread

10/10/10 Top 10s!
Re: 10/10/10 Top 10s!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE