The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: stolen Carrera 1153,shipping from Italy

I understand how you feel...!
I too lost a gold omega seamaster megaquartz in the mail, but I was luckier than you.
During the purchase I instructed the seller I wanted international signed for shipping + insurance.
He quoted the amount and I paid it, turned out he forgot to do this when he got to the post office...!
He reimbursed me as obviously it was his error.

I've noticed most e-bay sellers wont ship to Italy unless it is insured and signed for....
Some also don't mail to Spain?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE