The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: stolen Carrera 1153,shipping from Italy

Hi Tom,

really sorry to hear that. I personally never had a single problem with receiving or sending parcels, be it within Italy or in and out of the country, and that's for watches, books, anything. Casting aside cases like yours, Italy is safe as any other European country when you use private couriers, and you have to do it of course for watches.
Some problems happened on the national postal service, but they seem to be receding.

You seem to have started an investigation, as your seller did: it seems the only thing to do at the moment.
If you used a private courier (DHL?) they should have their own internal investigation procedures.
As for the insured / uninsured it is always a matter of debate when you purchase valuables, but as far as I know € 45 is the correct price for an uninsured express parcel from Italy to any other European country: it appears that your seller tried to avoid any trouble by using an expensive, albeit not insured, way of shipping, but it did not work out.
I am assuming, as you are, his or her good faith.

I believe that at this stage you need some cooperation from the seller or to try some sort of arm-twisting if you're able.

Ciao,

Paolo

: Hi guys
: there was a question concerning shipping from Italy,some weeks ago.
: For me the worst thing came true,as I opened the parcel coming from
: Milano there was no watch in it.Its should be an early NOS
: Carrera 1153N with steel bracelet,case nr.:147 323(watch below
: in pic).The parcel was opened during transport and then after
: the watch was out, closed again with DHL tape.
: The unlucky thing is,that the seller shipped it uninsured,what I
: didnt know,as the hefty shipping costs of 45€ made me think
: its insured without any question.He refuses any refund(money
: tranferred before shipping as usual),saying that I accepted
: uninsured transport.The,for me otherwise serious seller, started
: investigation at the police and local post,as I did.
: Does anyone of you have similar experience?Any advices or
: suggestions.Am I fully unable to get my money back if the seller
: is not cooperative?
: thanks f any comment
: tom
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE