The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Question (or two)

Chuck:

Seeing Jim Nichols and the "high brow" crowd chasing the Pateks, and seeing your magnificent looking Omega, leaves me trying to get the vintage Heuers into some perspective, and even the modern TAG-Heuers. (Is this a collector's mid-life or mid-collection crisis? Some vertigo or confusion?)

How would you compare the mechanical quality / fit and finish on this Omega (or Omegas in general) with the quality / fit and finish of our beloved Heuers?

Are we in the ballpark or a step behind the Omegas -- vintage or modern?

Are Omega and Heuer natural rivals, or is it only the Heuer crowd that wants to compare the two brands? How do you think about the quality of the two brands, putting aside popularity and prestige.

I'm still liking the overall design / usual look of the vintage Heuers better than the Omegas (and Pateks, for that matter), but the photo of your new Omega did leave me admiring how the "other half" lives. Of course, the Heuer price-points are also a bit more favorable than the Pateks.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Yup, wanted it badly, but I didn't get too
: emotionally wound up about it. I knew I'd
: eventually get one someday. Just had to be
: patient.

: FWIW... The Rolex that I included the picture
: of, typically goes in the $13,000~16,000
: range these days...

: -- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE