The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sunday, 10/14: A Day to Remember Siffert / "Siffert" Wee

The website run by Jo's son, which Jasper directed us to a while back ( http://www.josiffert.com/de/index.htm ) reports that over 100 people gathered at his grave in 2008 on the anniversary date and time of his death:

Am 24. Oktober 2008 haben sich mehr als 100 Personen...

...auf dem Grab von Jo Siffert gesammelt, um 14 Uhr 18, um sein tragisches Verschwinden auf dem englischen Rennstrecke von Brands-Hatch 37 Jahre vorher zu gedenken.

Es war auch die Gelegenheit für die Fans, sich im Stadt des Freiburger Pilot zu befinden und sich viele Erinnerungen durch Fotos und Presseartikel der Epoche zu erzählen.

Es sind jetzt 37 Jahre her, daß das dauert und wir hoffen, Ihnen das nächste Jahr erneut zahlreich zu sehen!

It will be 40 years next year, so I hope they see a fitting turn-out then too. And I think wearing the Sifferts for those who have them is a nicely fitting tribute too, will have to make a calendar note for it next year so the OTDers can time it right. The racing world still owes a debt to Siffert (and many others) for the levels of safety in place today, so I think it's great that he is still recognised.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE