The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:Incoming! Finally my first... What was yours?-Autavia GMT

Congrats on your soon to arrive first Heuer! My first Heuer arrived from an e-bay seller in March of 2008. This Heuer Autavia 2446C GMT was previously owned by an accomplished pilot, Ms. Shirley Louise Tanner who passed away in 2006. Ms. Tanner used this watch while participating in air races during the 1970's (along with her sister) including the Angel Derby, a second place finish in the All Woman Transcontinental Air Race (now called the Powder Puff Derby) and a first place finish in the Palms-to-Pines Race in 1973. I bought the watch on e-bay from her loving son and daughter who were settling her estate. Her son (Keith) noted the watch's light wear and good condition since "being a man's watch she was far too stylish to wear this outside the racing "arena". Shirley was indeed a very attractive (and amazing) woman as evidenced from the pictures and articles Keith sent me. I especially love this watch due to its unique history!
My vintage Heuer inspiration came from Jeff Stein's great series of articles published in International Watch magazine (IW Magazine). Once I saw my first Autavia pics, I was hooked!
Steve

: Will post pics as soon as it arrives but just wanted to share my
: excitement and joy with you guys and gals. I'm sure you can
: empathise.
: Autavia 11630 MH with a very interesting provenance, ok condition.
: Speaking of firsts and how we never forget them, what was your
: first Heuer?
: If your first Heuer was a timer, could you make your way up to your
: first wristwatch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE