The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bracelet is the standard one, isn't it?

Hello Fabrizio-

The bracelet comes from a different watch. You can see that there is an engraved line parallel to the springbar. The width of the next-to-last link is very slightly wider than the Heuer item, and I believe the center links are also very slightly wider, too. You cannot see it, but the clasp is completely different from the Heuer item.

Here is a comparison of the correct original and mine:

The first time I saw one, I recognized the bracelet immediately as being nearly identical to the one on my old Zenith El Primero:

I am a bracelet fanatic, so once I secured my Carrera 510.523, I began searching daily for a 20mm bracelet flat-endpiece bracelet. It took a few months. The one I found needed a bit of tweaking—I had to remove a non-removable link to make it fit correctly. This type of bracelet and the Sinn bracelet (semi-squared links with rounded edges) are the two most comfortable bracelets I have ever worn. I try to collect them for use with other watches.

I am still trying to discover the name of the manufacturer. This is their marque:

If any OTD'ers know the manufacturer's name, please do share!

I am content with the similar-but-not-original bracelet. It looks great with the watch.

And thanks for the compliment on the date wheel. It took much searching, but a fellow in Switzerland has a few. Craig Bergsma helped me realize that particular modification. I think the white-on-black look is perfect for the dial. I am thinking of installing a red hand to the 6 o'clock hours register. It might make a nice unifying effect, tying together the other red hands. The later Carrera 510's used such a red hand.

Regardless, I love this particular Carrera. The design and shape are, to me, modern and retro, classy and rugged. Best of all, it is incredibly comfortable to wear.
-Daniel

: Hey Danomar, thanks for the fantastic pictures. As said, I do love
: this watch and when mine is back from repair it'll go straight
: to the wrist for some time.
: As for the tweaks: definitely the white on black date disc (very
: nice, a stealthy look I put on my 510.500) but the bracelet
: looks the 'right' and common one to me. I've just seen one with
: the half-moon shaped, Jubilee-like one and all the others have
: this one, as mine has as well.
: With which one did yours originally come with?
: Cheers,
: Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE