The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What do you think of this Camaro?

Are you in a position to let them down gently, because I'm afraid it's not.

That's not a Camaro case. The dial's not a Camaro dial, nor I think is it a Heuer dial from another model - as far as I can recall, Heuer didn't use that style of stamped register at all but instead properly bevelled and recessed ones. You'll note that all the hands are somewhat too long for the dial too, so they have come from somewhere else.

Looks like a collection of parts from a number of donors brought together and given the Camaro name, presumably because of the cushion case. I'm not seeing any Heuer parts at first glance - the pushers and crown could be, but the crown looks a bit too thick for the case anyway.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE