The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Craig: Happy to Hear that You Landed This One
In Response To: First GMT..... ()

Craig:

I'm happy to hear that you landed this one. I spoke to the seller while it was listed on eBay, and he seemed like a nice guy. He was proud of his father, and his time with this watch.

Still, I wasn't in a good position to undertake this "project", so I let it go, without any serious bidding. Glad that you won it; also glad that I didn't bid against you, which might have cost one of us some money.

You have done a nice job with this one, and it looks great. The history is very special, and it's good that the watch is with someone who appreciates that history.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I have not owned a GMT of any type but I always liked the ref.
: 2446C. Found this one and added it to the collection. It needed
: a number of repairs plus one pusher cap and the hour and seconds
: sub hands. Dial was very dirty and cleaned up well and a new
: crystal. Left the surface on the case as is.
: I am the second owner. The original owner wore it flying F105's in
: Vietnam in the mid 60s. I was stationed at Danang for several
: month during the same period (C130 mechanic) ... I would like to
: think he might have flown in and out of there then. There were
: certainly some F105's that flew in and out of there while I was
: there. Glad to have this one.

:
:
:
: PS - if anyone has the correct hour and seconds sub hands for sale,
: let me know.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE