The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Purchased a faulty Monaco from a retailer - please help!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm from Australia. My wife purchased it from an authorised TAG Heuer stocklist/dealer in Brisbane. Unfortnately, I believe this product was faulty from the word go, and should not have even been sold by the dealer. My wife pointed out that when she was sold the watch, the dealer gave her a demo; showed her how wind it, adjust it, etc (so the fault should have been picked up then). Furthermore, when I first returned it unused and told them that it wasnt just a tight chrono, they told me otherwise and instructed me to just let it run it's wear in course and go from there.

According to the government consumer rights website, I am entitled to a replacement as the product: "was not fit for it's intended purpose", "had/has developed a fault" and "worked for an appropriate amount of time in relation to the price you paid". With the forementioned, I am told otherwise by this particular dealer as they deem it a 'used' item as I instructed by them to go through the 'wear in' period which is now past their 30 'replacement' period...

I'm sticking to and with my vintage Heuer's... This particular un-named stockist/dealer has lost me as a customer (considering I have made several purchases from them before)...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE