The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Scan Week: Dive Watch Week, Starts Now!!

Hi,
Since you guys have created a reference table on the divers, I thought I would share my modest Heuer/Tag Heuer diver collection.

On the right is my first Heuer ref# 980.014. When I got it about 7 years ago the movement was shot and it was missing the crown. So I had it replaced and much to my dismay the original hands where not given back to me, oh well que sera sera.

On the left is my latest addition is a Tag, ref# 980.020L About a month ago a friend of a friend found this an antique shop for a couple of bucks and picked it up for me. It was in terrible condition when I got it. The crystal was highly scratched and cracked, most of the gold tone was worn off, the minute and second hand where off and the stem was broken. I found a new stem off ebay, reset the hands, replaced the crystal and media blasted it. I plan on reluming the hands as well in the near future, otherwise I’ve been very pleased with the results so far.

The G. Monnin 844 was my second and pure chance that I bought it. At the time I didn’t know anything about it other then I loved the case and dial. The last the is ref# 980.005 and I think one of the best looking watches of all time.

Eddie

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE