The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tag Heuer Novice
In Response To: Tag Heuer Novice ()

I have heard Costco Watches are "grey market" watches they are not an authorized Tag Heuer reseller. I have heard horror stories about Costco wathes and their faded receipt which complicates refunds. I don't know where you guys shop but in NY 20% is standard. Fortunoff for examples marks down their Tag Heuers 20% right off. You can get it lower but that is with a family hook-up. They do not charge full price 20% discount is automatic. In response many Authorised stores like Kenjo, Tourneau, Bailey Banks and Biddle will match or better 20% if you play the Fortunoff card. But if you are unaware they will fleece you for full price unless you are a regular customer or can bargain them down. I suggest going to an authorized dealer like Tourneau, Joseph Edwards, Kenjo or Fortunoff. I also know of a guy who charges 65% of the sticker and you get it warranteed from a reputable and authorised dealer with their stamp. I use him when I am after a pricier watch.

In closing if you dont get at least 25% from an authorized dealer you are paying too much.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE