The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Poor Man's Heuer ..... Shhhhhhhhh

I recently received my poor man's Heuer Pasadena Valjoux 7750. I have been wearing it for about two weeks. I love this watch. Then I go to Tourneau see the same watch in the Tourneau museum. Apparently Heuer also made them for Tourneau. Then I see Ernst Benz has the movement in their Chronoscope Chronograph. I will open the back to see if it is a heuer or the day. A while back I tried to pic up a PVD Pasadena and it went for close to $800 and here I picked up this watch for less than $250. I have not opened the back yet but it keeps perfect time and was in better condition than I imagined from the pics. If only I could find two more.
I will post some pics soon after these two autcions on the bay are over don't want to give myself more competition than I can afford. And while Jeff, Chuck, Mike and a few others know which watch I am refering to we will let the lurkers do their homework.
But I must say this is one of the most professional boards I have ever been on. I've been on boards where a noobie gets eaten alive for asking the wrong question. I am glad there is none of that here. You guys are great.

Messages In This Thread

Poor Man's Heuer ..... Shhhhhhhhh
Re: Poor Man's Heuer ..... Shhhhhhhhh
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE