The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
One of my top 10 - Autavia 7863

Trapped indoors by biblical amounts of rain I found myself turning to this great hobby and making a top 10 list from the watches in my collection – a Mark Moss moment. The collection has swelled over the past two years and there are a number of pieces including the mint/NOS examples that get little or no wrist time. My Top 10 consist of the watches I wear the most. Those you keep going back to time after time regardless of value, desirability or condition but simply because you love the look and feel. If I kept statistics on my daily wearer over the last year (which I don’t) these would be the ones that feature the most and therefore are the ones I would keep if I chose to slim the herd. (That’s a Texan expression by the way).

Here is just one of my top ten taken with my trusty Canon G11 point and shoot on a light box. I just love this watch especially with the GF bracelet. Its not one we see that often and it shares some key details with the first generation 1163 – steel hour markers, steel hands, two registers and date window. The last feature gives the dial its classic proportion and the MH bezel adds just the right amount of detail to compliment the dial. The full reference is Autavia 30 Dato 7863 MH. More to follow in due course.

Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE