The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Sold on eBay: Autavia 2446C; Argentina Air Force; Hour B

I would like to discuss more the factors than possible prices we might achieve or not achieve, as you all said there was a lot of work going into establishing the vintage Heuer brand on broader scale and you all had been great contributors through enthusiams working relentless hours for free.
In auctioneering one of the main factors are rarity, quality and documentation. In our auction there is no jolly picking, these are my best watches I have owned in 2007 when producing the Heuer book. Further the watches have been documented in many many watch articles in the best magazines worldwide, which adds a unique factor.
The portfolio is unique in the industry and there are an amazing varity to pick from on the 15th. There will be some bargains and some more expensive ones, the entry to the Heuer universe is compared to other luxury brand still very low. The offers on the market for top notch pieces due to low production numbers due to the quarz revolution and other time factors during the 70is are getting very thin and honestly it is the only watch brand, which has credible links to the hey days of motorsport for more than one modelline.
What I would advise for the auction is to go for themes, eg; Monza, Montreal (5 noswatches at one go), all transitional Autavias, Carreras, Silverstones....go broad and flexible on bidding to improve your chance for bargains. If you have the chance go to the viewings and touch and watch precisely, there are a lot of rare details on my Heuers in the collection. If you can't be there ask for condition reports to Paul. There is only one Heuer book so far and these 81 one pieces with all their documentation will always have a special positioning factor.
I wish you good luck and happy Heuer hunting !!
Best Arno

: I don't think that the Bonhams estimates/ results will prove to be
: all that meaningful for other sellers- unless a seller is
: prepared to write a book, market for 12 months and then get TAG
: Heuer to swing in behind the sale!

: Arno's sale will no doubt produce spectacular results, but lets not
: underestimate the hard work and effort from Arno + Bonhams in
: preparing and marketing this auction.

: dc

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE