The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia Gloss black dial?.
In Response To: Re: Autavia Gloss black dial?. ()

: James, all I can say is that I have an Autavia 11630 MH with glossy
: black dial, and with Argentinian Air Force markings.
: Otherwise, not much help at all.
: It's in the shop at the moment, getting a service. And as it is my
: only Heuer, I am not only very proud of it, but love it too. As
: only a Heuer lover can.
: And yes, they are macadamias, in the shell.
: regards and good luck to all on the 15th.
: mark
:
:

Mark,

Thanks for the reply, yep i had seen yours in some earlier posts while trying to research this model, mine is exactly the same but does'nt have the Argentine airforce markings on the caseback. What it does have is a plexi-crystal though and i'm sure 11630 cases were supposed to have mineral, i've tried to fit a mineral glass and new gasket but the seconds hand now fouls the crystal???. I'm wondering if the original crystal gasket has a higher internal step than the generic one i've used thus enabling the mineral crystal to sit higher in the case and avoid contact with the seconds hand???.

Anyone have any ideas??.......thanks Mark,

Regards,

James.

Messages In This Thread

Autavia Gloss black dial?.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE