The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: From Carreras to Lizards drinkin,' that's OTD on Friday

: "The nuts" yet another meaning for good, unsure which
: variety of nuts we're talking about here...;-)

: Rich

To be more precise, it's "the ducks nuts" which alludes to the crem de la crem.
You think that English is strange, try 'strine! (Australian) Here we call a person with red hair "blue" and everyones name ends in O, like Jeffo, Ricko, Marko, not to mention the thousands of other phrases like "dry as a dead dingoes donger" ie:thirsty, or if you are busy, you are "flat out like a lizard drinking.", but hey, that is what makes us what I am. Not complaining here. 7th generation from convict stock and proud as. Best thing that ever happened when he nicked that blanket and got caught.
Having said that, at times I think the world of horology is on a par. Where a faded watch face is described as
"tropical." A fake is a 'homage."
And yes, I too digress. You Ron are not alone with your OTD and a couple of glasses!
regards/cheers
mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE