The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
When the hammer falls.

What about the hammer falling and TWICE bids accepted after!

The first time the guy in the front row (who bought a lot of watches) was late and the the auctioneer offered to accept his late bid, as a gentleman he declined effectively giving the watch back to the original bidder by which time the auctioneer accepetd an Internet bid leaving the guy in the room, who heard and saw the hammer fall without the watch!

I saw some very surprised looks between the Bonhams telephone staff and auctioneer who sped on to the next lot.

This was repeated with the hammer falling and bids accepted after.

Surely if you've made the effort to attend in person and you hear the hammer fall the lot shoul ld be yours ??

(Great day anyway tho)

Steve

ps no it wasn't me who missed out tho I did feel for the guy that did.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE