The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Haslinger Auction - Lot 29

Afternoon all

Thought I would come clean & add my name to the list of OTDers who bought a watch at the auction.

Lot 29 The Calculator 110633 (unusual model) ended up with me at £2717 (inc buyers premium). Thats double what I paid for a normal calculator 18 months ago!

Sadly I couldnt be there on the day (which was probably just as well) & I pre registered a maximum bid.

Not sure its the biggest bargain in the world but it could have been worse - I really wanted to get a watch from the auction & had a suspicion that many would go through the roof & that this might at least be affordable even if it was a premium over the normal going rate.

I also bid for the helmets & a Verona - I thought a £3020 bid on a Verona would secure it - little did I know. The price on the helmets was daft I thought my maximum bids at £300 each were over the top.

At least I have a piece of history without paying a hugely inflated price, though even thats debatable.

My £7500 Monaco PVD is looking like a decent buy - let me know if anyone wants it for £48,000 - i'll even give a discount as its not NOS, though it is mint.

Luds

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE