The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Other 2446 Variants

Some interesting things I noticed:
- the 2446 Skipper sold by Arno in the Bonhams auction had no autavia engraving on the (perfect) backcase, only a three or four small concentric semicircles at the point where you lever off the case. I asked Arno about it and he thought it was normal.
- I have seen very good condition 2446 Seafarers with a plain backcase and also with an Autavia backcase, both with the characteristic "2446 SF" stamped between the lugs. The plain one had the same marking at the detachment point
- I have seen some 2446 Autavia's with a plain back, not so sure on whether late or early models. Also with the detachment point marking.

So for me it is unsure. Makes sense that the non-Autavia models had a plain backcase, but then sense doesn't always follow in vintage watches (seamaster backcase on many speedmasters is the classic example).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE