The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Retraction/Clarification
In Response To: Re: Dissenting Opinion ()

Mr. Babin correctly identifies the technological considerations and industrial constituents that are required for creating a horological masterpiece. I was simply reacting to the iconography and graphic presentation of the watch as it relates to my taste as a member of the OTD community, not someone with the budget or rarified industry knowledge that permits the indulgence of investing in such expensive timepieces.

It is clear that all brands, whether watches, cars, or coffee, need an aspirational icon, and with respect to the analysis provided by Mr. Babin, the Mikrograph and what it represents to Heuer are much clearer to me. I still think that there is room for a bit of criticism with regard to the overall aesthetic impression of the watch; I think there is something slightly unnerving about the presentation of the subdials and pushers.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE