The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great Comparison: Rolex = Hemi-Cuda??

Rob:

Great comparison on the Heuers. This is when the Heuers were at their best, and these were the racers and their cars.

I'm with you on the Bugattis as well -- perfect, timeless, exclusive, nothing else really compares. It's either a Bugatti / Patek, or it's in a lower category.

The Rolex / muscle car comparison is interesting. Add the word "ugly" to the list (which includes big, clunky and brash), and I'll be in full agreement. Of course, there were a couple of exceptions -- the Rolex Daytonas, early Explorers and the Lime Green Dodge Challenger come to mind immediately.

Thanks,

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Heuers are to me linked at the hp to 60's and
: 70's road racing and 80's formula 1 racing.

: Targa Florio - Brian Redman and the Porsche 908
: spyder

: Monza - the 917

: Monaco - makes me think of LeMans

: Daytona - Peter Gregg and Hurley Haywood
: winning over-all in a production 911

: The list goes on and on. Function over form.
: Function that makes beautiful form.

: Bugatti to me is is a Patek Phillipe. A little
: gem. Perfect, not beacuse it has to be, but
: beacuse they want it to be.

: Muscle cars are Rolex's to me. Big, clunky,
: brash, and not what they're cracked up to
: be. But everyone wants one regardless (those
: that don't know any better anyways).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE